Shop

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Sweet Darlin - Shabby Chic Mixed Media Canvas

Hi Everyone!

   I want to share with you this Shabby Chic Mixed Media Canvas that I created for Prima


I used a few stencils, resist canvas and of course lots and lots of flowers!!!!!  I kept the colors very soft and Shabby Chic.  

This is a picture of my little tiger and I!!!! I adore him so much and I always have fun scrapping him! 

Below I am sharing a few steps on how to create this canvas. 
Thank you for stopping by and Big Hugz 
Juliana 

1.  I first applied white Gesso to the whole canvas, followed with one coat of Ivory Acrylic Paint.  I let it dry and then used some Shimmerz and Tattered Angels sprays in soft pinks, lilacs, and creams to add a little bit of color in the background. 


2.  I dried it and then used the 12x12 Prima Crackle Stencil with texture paste.  I then washed it off a little bit using Gesso above the crackle texture.  Finally, I used the Prima Chalk Pads in different places through out the canvas to add a bit more of color. 



3.  I did the same steps for the Resist Canvas Pieces and glued them to the canvas.  To finish my canvas I added Prima flowers, embellishments, and my sentiment using the Prima Alphabet Stickers perfect for canvas :) 




2 comments: